What is WordPress
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS), a platform you can use to build and maintain a website without any knowledge of coding. It is the easiest for a complete newbie and most effective blogging and content CMS (Content Management System) tool existing today.
WordPress is a perfect decision for any type of websites. From E-commerce, to blogging to business website. It is designed in such a way that it gives flexibility and ease of use to every newbie who gets hold of it.
Why People Prefers WordPressPress?
One interesting fact about WordPress is that 30% of the current websites in the world are being powered by it.
The reasons why I personally prefer WordPress to every other alternative is because of:
- Its popularity
- Its ability to meet the demand of anything I would love in a website
- Its flexible framework which allows any beginner to create and modify any layout to suit his/her preference amongst other things.
- This is also complemented with the fact that it can be operated with series of extensions called plugins that can be installed and activated for free.
- It is ideal for small businesses to make their online presence; at the same time it is economical enough for bloggers to launch their first blog.
- It is trusted by millions of small and big online stores nationwide. You can use WordPress to start an online store without writing any line of web code.
- With a ton of plugins and themes, WordPress is easy to extend and allows you to make any kind of website imaginable.
Who Uses WordPress?
From my recent study, WordPress is used by 31.9% of all the websites which is a content management system market share of 59.4%.
When it comes to web design and choice of blog platform to adopt there are variety of options both paid and free, and it may seem difficult to choose the right one for your need.
The last couple of years have proven to be a time of positive growth for the blogging and web design, and the statistics presented below backs this up, this is as discovered by thriveagency.
- 400 million people view 24 billion pages hosted by WP every month
- 70 million new posts and 47 million comments are made each month
- WordPress blogs are written in over 120 languages, including Spanish and Dutch
- WordPress users include CNN, TED, UPS, and CBS Radio
WordPress has grown to become the best platform for building a social network, this has been achieved with its variety of plugins, themes and many other tools it provide its users with. The better part of its use is that it is beginners friendly.
Popular Websites Built on WordPress
Some popular brands and companies have websites you probably must have come across which are built on the WordPress platform. They include:
- BBC America
- Punch Nigeria
- Vanguard Nigeria
- Cool FM, etc
The list is endless really.
I could go on to mention 150 popular websites built on WordPress
Why would powerful websites even consider using a platform as WordPress?
Well part of the reasons is what I’ve listed above
What is a WordPress Website?
I will simply explain this as any website that uses WordPress as its content management system. WordPress grants you access to the admin interface where a user (website owner) logs in to make changes like designing or uploading of contents, popularly called backend and also to the visible part of the website that your visitors see on the web, popularly called the frontend.
Here are just a few examples of the types of websites you can build with WordPress:
- Blog –This is a special type of website primarily for sharing thoughts, personal muse, products reviews, tutorials, recipes and so much more. Blogs usually display the most recently-published content in a chronological order.
- E-commerce website – This type of website allows sellers to showcase and sell their goods or services provided online and collect payment using any online payment system. You can download and install a WordPress e-commerce plugin to extend the default functionality of WordPress so you can have an online store on your website.
- Business website – Small scale businesses most especially benefits from having an online web presence. Every business needs a website for prospective clients or customers to learn about your company and the services you have to offer, WordPress is just a perfect choice as it grants customers ease of contacting you, schedule an appointment, leave a review of your services and many other great offer .
- Portfolio website – Show off your artwork, design skills and more with a portfolio website built on WordPress.
Some Important Benefits of WordPress that makes it a Suitable and Best Choice
Here are just a few of the many features of WordPress that edges them as the best alternative amongst hundreds of choices to developing a website without coding.
1. SEO – The process of optimizing a website as well as all the content on that website so it will amongst the top results in the organic search engines. SEO requires an understanding of how search engines work, what people search for, and why and how people search.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) begins at a technical level but WordPress delivers an exceptional code base for SEO which allows your website’s content to be found via common search engines such as Google or Bing.
2. Speed – WordPress is a built on a framework that ensures speed for every of its website.
3. Easy-to-use user interface – WordPress is very easy to use with no complicated settings. WordPress also has a focus on accessibility for all. You don’t have to deal with any coding if you don’t want to, as this allows you to eliminate the time you will spend learning website design and may give you time to devote to growing other areas of your business.
4. Attractive Design – WordPress comes pre-loaded with thousands of themes, many of them free and some paid. The free ones are good to go for any kind of website you plan to build as they allow you to customize and personalize your theme to suit your wish. One of the advantages of WordPress is that it makes it easy to create navigation menus.
5. Loads Fast: One of the features that distinguish a WordPress website is its structure. The structure it was built with makes every websites load faster, and fast loading websites appeal to visitors.
6. Answers to your Questions– The WordPress community has thousands of technicians and volunteers providing free advice and support on various forums. All you need to do is post your question on issues you might be having with the use of WordPress and within few minutes you will receive your answer at no cost.
7. Speed of Use – Do you know that WordPress allows you to build your website in as little as a single day, the only thing that might stretch you beyond a day is content uploading. TechieBreed was built in less than 24 hours.
If you’re looking for more information on WordPress or website design services or what you need to put in place to start a WordPress website, then you can contact us at TechieBreed. We will be glad to tell you more about the features and benefits of using WordPress.
I’m the CEO of TechieBreed .
My goal is to ensure that technology is optimally utilized at the lowest cost possible to every bloggers and small scale business provider while ensuring the technicality aspect is eased and profit is adequately maximized.